Saturday, February 5, 2011

Drinking Cold Water Belly

vegan cheesecake: Escape from Alcatraz

cheese cake with powdered sugar: Dressed for Success

The irony: In my pre-vegan time I liked cheese cake (or pie pan on well Austria and) not really. This allowed me to hunt fast. But we know we will always do what you can not have, and hardly I was vegan, I longed for the creamy, slightly sour Nature of curd (= cheese).

So what you do otherwise on a Friday night? While my friend M at "The Rock " mitfieberte me my cheese cake project came almost like a breakout from Alcatraz. After all, I had days earlier been preparing meticulously drained the soy yogurt, and sifted through the best unveganen cheese cake recipes to make them veganisieren successfully. The first version of the batter walked right into the trash. I struggled with the filling, which is in the oven would not let cover. But finally I was at the final goal, and as M the next day, finally, the first piece cost, and astonished said, "How did you hammer out the pot taste?" I knew my escape from Alcatraz ... uh, my cheesecake project had been successful. The cake was amazingly similar to pot pie, creamy and sweet with a slight vanilla note, not too filling, the edge nicely crisp and buttery. I felt like Nic Cage, imagine only in place of the flares please submit a wooden spoon and a whisk.

And not just an escape from Alcatraz is easier with a plan to bake a cheesecake with a recipe better. So here are the results of my efforts. Enjoy!

vegan cheesecake (for a 24cm spring form)

preparation (24 hours before): A large sieve interpreted with some kitchen roll and place on a dish. 900 grams of natural soy yogurt (mine was the Austrian brand Joya ") into fill. In the refrigerator so, drain the whole day and the result should be about 475 grams of yogurt then. A little up or down should not be that bad.

dough: 200 grams flour

75 grams of sugar
75 grams of vegan butter (Alsan), soft
1 egg substitute, mixed according to package instructions, such as No-Egg of Orgran *
1 teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt

Filling:
475 grams wrung soy Yoghurt, natural
130 grams of sugar
1 package of high quality (Bourbon) vanilla sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 egg substitute, mixed according to package instructions, such as No-Egg of Orgran *
80 ml oil
1 1 / 2 packs of vanilla pudding powder ( 60 grams) 1 package
Soyatoo whipped cream (300ml), cooled

Preparation:
the oven to 180 degrees Celsius preheat. A spring form (24cm) thoroughly. Knead

flour, sugar, butter, egg substitute, baking powder and salt together well:
for the dough. The dough was for me to be more crumbly, but never mind: the dough then push with fingers in the tin, really solid (and also at the edges and the transitions between the ground and the edge), thick-about half a centimeter, while also the edge (about 3 cm high) are not forgotten. Prick with a fork several times.
For the filling:
In a large bowl, combine the drained soy yogurt, sugar, vanilla sugar, lemon juice, egg substitute, oil and pudding mix well with hand mixer. In a separate bowl, hit the Soyatoo. Then carefully into the yogurt-mass increase. Pour into the prepared pan and smooth out.

at 180 degrees about 65 - Bake 70 minutes. If the ground up to be too brown, cover with just a little aluminum foil. Then cool the cake in the oven can be slightly open (about 10 - 15 minutes) - do not worry, it's normal if it is still a bit wobbly. Finally, remove the drive along with a knife at the edge of the mold so that the crust dissolves easily from the pan. cool completely before cutting can be, for me was the cake the night in the kitchen and the next day was nice and firm. Before serving maybe sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar.

* No-Egg of Orgran my favorite is the egg substitute (available in any Veganversand ). You can also take any other egg substitute from the health food store, or try soy flour (2 tablespoons soy flour and 4 tablespoons of water), but I myself have tried it before. The egg-replacement of Orgran is very efficient and will last forever, so worth it to buy the.

0 comments:

Post a Comment